Sunday, October 19, 2008

It's been a while

It's been a while, hope someone has enjoyed my postings and photographs. Anyway, life rolls on.

The 2008 version of the Austin City Limits Music Festival was successful and loads of fun as always. I participated and saw any number of bands. My best time was at the show which featured The Black Keys from Ohio. I figured anyone from Ohio who was brave enough to come to Austin and play blues based rock' n roll had to be pretty good. They were and I sat on the grass in the park and listened to them on Saturday evening for about 45 minutes. Waylon Jennings' son Shooter had played earlier in the day on Saturday and I had a great time. Some said the dust and the heat were torture but it wasn't really bad because it was later in the month this year after everything had cooled down some. We still saw people from New Jersey and up North jumping off the bridge into the river that rolls through downtown, but it wasn't much more than 90 - 95 degrees outside, cool if you ask me.

The Foo Fighters were the last band this year and they put on a great show. It was that kind of show anyone would love with great music and something for anyone. That is one great rock band and will always be. It's still hard to believe that leader put it together by himself for their first CD. Anyway, enjoy the Austin pix. Take care,

No comments: